Six Conservative Guys




Six Conservative Guys - Proudly Serving the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Since 2003



We'll gladly reply to or publish your response. E-mail Six Conservative Guys

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, August 20, 2003
 
RE: What's next?

Mack:

Nice of you to revisit. Admittedly, I’m not the most open-minded person when it comes to the gay-rights movement. I read your comments and I hear what you are saying. Don’t misunderstand me, gays are every bit as good contributors to this country as much as the next guy/girl.

But that doesn’t mean they should marry or have children. I believe that marriage is an institution created and preserved for a man and a woman. To paraphrase Tom – kids are better off in families with a mom and a dad whenever possible. Do not take this out of context – I’m not saying this is the case 100% of the time.

I believe that polygamy has more of a leg to stand on than does gay marriage. Both are abhorrent to me – but that’s my opinion. But polygamy follows the practice of marriage for procreating the human race - it's just taken to an extreme here. I know that all married couples don’t marry to have babies. But that is a recent phenomenon in history.

You write “what kind of life do you want gays to lead?” Probably one where I am not bombarded by gay (pro or con) images at every turn. As Tom pointed out earlier, the commercials are on at the wrong times and all types of TV shows feel the need to run gay themes.

As for the slippery slope: let’s look at the related issues being pushed and some are present today: lower the age of consent by NAMBLA; inclusion of transgender persons included in the gay-rights movement (I don’t think gays are even happy about that); tax-payer funded gay-only high school in NYC. Is that a good idea? (Jason – that’s a question for Mack.); gay-advocates posing as counselors in high schools today – their stated purpose is to help early teens through the questions about themselves – I would call this borderline recruitment (to clarify this: there are actually groups that go into high schools to talk about being gay, early teens are confused about a lot of things and easily impressionable, so I do think this amounts to recruitment). Gays have a float in the St. Patrick’s Day parade – why? That doesn’t make any sense to me.

The list goes on.


Comments: Post a Comment