Six Conservative Guys




Six Conservative Guys - Proudly Serving the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Since 2003



We'll gladly reply to or publish your response. E-mail Six Conservative Guys

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, October 03, 2003
 
Re: California

The only conceivable reason to vote for Arnold, IMO, is if you think your vote for McClintock would make a Bustamente win more likely. And I'm not sure that's a good enough reason.

1. I don't like the recall. I think it's stupid. Davis is inept, and never should been re-elected in the first place. But he was, and he hasn't molested any children (that we know of) or been caught diddling any interns, or embezzling any state funds. He’s just a jerk and a bad Governor, and I don't think that's cause enough for the recall.

2. On the other hand, there is this election. I lived in California for seven years and I've voted against Davis before. If I was voting on Tuesday, I couldn't possibly vote to retain him. So if I'm reluctantly voting for the recall, than I have to vote for someone to replace him.

3. McClintock is the obvious choice. It's not even close. If Simon were still in the race, or even Ueberoff, there might be some debate, but they aren't and McClintock is.

4. And McClintock could beat Bustamente. If Arnold dropped out, I believe McClintock would win.

5. But Arnold certainly isn't dropping out, so that leaves you with voting for McClintock, knowing that the result might well be a Bustamente victory, because McClintock isn't going to beat Arnold, or voting for Arnold simply because he's (presumably) not as bad as Bustamente.


Comments: Post a Comment