Six Conservative Guys




Six Conservative Guys - Proudly Serving the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Since 2003



We'll gladly reply to or publish your response. E-mail Six Conservative Guys

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, April 28, 2005
 
The Good News on Immigration

Well, we don't really have 'borders' in the sense that people can freely walk back and forth it seems. That's the bad news.

The good news is that the conservative movement finally has a credible 'fix the border' wing to combat the WSJ ed page and the (primarily) libertarian 'free movement of capital and labor' folks.

It seems to me that the 'fix the border' wing now has several things working for it: 1) congressional patrons like Tancredo, Hayworth and others; 2) serious defense-minded organizations bolster the national security case; and 3) opinion leaders like Limbaugh and Hannity are beating the drums.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if the border/immigration issue became a top tier litmus test in the 2008 campaign primaries. And that would be a good thing from my perspective.


Comments:
"Fix the Border" v. "Free Movement of Capital and Labor?"

I'm not sure why these two positions are in opposition to one another. I think I support both. Someome's gonna have to splain it to me.
 
No, they don't have to be in opposition to one another, but in practice they are today.

It's a huge savings to many businesses to hire illegals on whom they do not have to pay taxes, unemployment, workers comp, etc. Companies that follow the law and don't hire these illegals are at a significant competitive disadvantage.

My position is that we should seal our northern and southern borders as well as possible -- walls, technology, troops, Border Patrol, whatever.

Then, I'd be in favor of completely reworking our immigration laws so that we have a generous policy that allows us to temporarily or otherwise 'import' workers/people needed to keep the economy humming. (Oh, and immigrants wouldn't be eligible for welfare for a few years.)

I'd impose huge fines for people that continue to employ illegals.

This way they are legal workers, we know who is in the country and American workers and law-abiding companies are not undercut by the illegal workers/hiring companies.

That'll be my plan when I'm grand pooh bah anyway.
 
As a National Guard Recruiter, I would love the idea of being able to offer active duty assignments to potential soldiers inside this country. I sincerly feel our actions in the mid-east are worth the effort, but using our national guard and reserve components for there true "original" purpose would sooth many of the wounds the current world crisis has caused.
 
Post a Comment