Six Conservative Guys




Six Conservative Guys - Proudly Serving the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Since 2003



We'll gladly reply to or publish your response. E-mail Six Conservative Guys

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, February 12, 2006
 
Anti-Gun Zealot Aims for Cheney, Hits Foot

There is a lot of good sport to be had with the news that Vice President Cheney accidentally shot a guy. I expect to see some good political shots (pun intended) by those who oppose the right to bear arms for hunting and/or self-defense. That said, the statement by Jim and Sarah Brady is a great example of the failure of leadership in the anti-gun lobby:

"Now I understand why Dick Cheney keeps asking me to go hunting with him," said Jim Brady. "I had a friend once who accidentally shot pellets into his dog - and I thought he was an idiot."

"I've thought Cheney was scary for a long time," Sarah Brady said. "Now I know I was right to be nervous."


I think humor can be used very effectively to make political points. This isn't a good example of that. What a sorry attempt at humor. I think they come across very poorly here. Jim Brady's comments are particularly strange, given that the man has already been shot in the head.

The press secretary over there should be fired for letting this go out. Bad idea.

Hat tip: Drudge.


Comments:
We all know that Brady's incapable of making any statement. Sadly, Sarah has once again gone way too far.
 
Post a Comment