Six Conservative Guys




Six Conservative Guys - Proudly Serving the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Since 2003



We'll gladly reply to or publish your response. E-mail Six Conservative Guys

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, April 10, 2006
 
Today's Rally in DC

Today the rally to protest the recently proposed immigration laws passed right outside my window on H Street. There were tons of people, and it lasted a long time. What struck me was not so much the P.C. language (Of course, I never saw signs with 'Illegal Immigrants' but plenty with 'Undocumented Workers' (by the way...I'm an undocumented worker)), but the number of rainbow flags, pro-choice flags, anti-war stuff, etc. There were tons of them. Oh yeah, and anti-Bush stuff. I don't know why I was surprised...I should expect this at an Immigration rally.


Comments:
Few questions:

Was it a protest or demonstration? There is a clear distinction that is often overlooked and I'm not sure which it was?

Did you notice the D.C. "protest/demonstration" started after work hours? Pretty humourous....

Congress was also out of session - so most of the members aren't here.

Ted Kennedy was a key speaker supporting the immigrants. What do his labor union friends think?
 
Looked more like a protest...they weren't 'For' something - clearly 'Against.'

Most of the marching outside my window took place between 4 and 5 pm.

But when I headed home, there were TONS of people at the metro stations in Maryland going towards downtown DC around 5:30 pm. I couldn't believe the crowds weren't going to peak until well after the work day ended.
 
Post a Comment