Six Conservative Guys




Six Conservative Guys - Proudly Serving the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Since 2003



We'll gladly reply to or publish your response. E-mail Six Conservative Guys

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, July 16, 2006
 
Covering World War Three (or is it Four?)

For good coverage of the conflict in the middle east, check in at Pajamas Media -- lots of great links there.

Years ago, I would have rushed home to watch the evening news (Jennings, usually, to answer your question) to catch up on a big event like this.

I can't remember the last time I watched the evening news. I get most of my news from the internet. Some of it comes from ABC, but not all of it. That's a good development, I think. Power is much more dispersed.

On the flip side, some might argue that self-selecting our news leads to greater polarization as right wingers turn to malkin, NRO, et. al., and leftwingers to wonkette and kos. There is certainly that danger, but my sense is that people are getting more information from both sides than ever before. Yes, that information is often filtered through an ideological lens, but hasn't ideology always colored the news -- even during the days that the big three dinosaurs ruled the roost?



Comments:
You've got to check in every now and then and see what the other half sees. I read the NY Times yesterday - I couldn't imagine doing that every morning - it would just ruin my day. The smug superiority that exudes from that paper - not just the op ed pages, the whole bloody thing - is palpable. I think it's worse than NPR.
 
Post a Comment