Six Conservative Guys




Six Conservative Guys - Proudly Serving the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Since 2003



We'll gladly reply to or publish your response. E-mail Six Conservative Guys

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, July 23, 2006
 
Lady in the Water

We're headed to the beach, but if you get a chance, go see Lady in the Water.

Update: Ok, back from the beach. I suppose you want to know why you should see this movie, especially given the horrible, horrible reviews. Seriously, the reviews are terrible. Check this one out, from Rex Reed:

"Hollywood cannot pollute the ozone with anything more idiotic, contrived, amateurish or sub-mental than Lady in the Water."

One critic said, "What the hell was he thinking?" And that, I think is the point. You leave the theater thinking (and talking) about the movie, what it meant, and how the message relates to you.

I asked a few people coming out of the movie what they thought of it, and all of them said the same thing: "I have to think some more about it." That's the great thing about M. Night Shyamalan's movies -- they actually get you thinking. Plus there are a few laugh out loud scenes and a fierce looking monster wolf of some sort (which is always a must).

If you liked Signs, you will like this. If you didn't like Signs... well, I can't help you. Go watch Prarie Home Companion or something.

This was a huge movie week for us. I saw R.V. with the kids and, even though I hate Robin Williams, it was bearable. Not good, but bearable. Plus, there is an homage of sorts to Ernest Goes to Jail. We also saw Pirates of the Carribean, which I am pretty sure I am spelling wrong. That was pretty good.


Comments: Post a Comment