Six Conservative Guys




Six Conservative Guys - Proudly Serving the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Since 2003



We'll gladly reply to or publish your response. E-mail Six Conservative Guys

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, September 08, 2008
 
The take home message...

As you all know, I live in a solidly blue state - there are many people I know and work with who tell me that I'm "their only Republican friend." As a result, they tend to talk about politics to me fairly often - such an oddity am I - the seemingly reasonable Republican that apparently doesn't hate the poor and minorities - that I guess I can offer them an alternative viewpoint - or at least a translation. My favorite is when I hear them start sentence like "how can you believe..." as they repeat something they've heard on Jon Stewart or Colbert or Olberman. Anyway, since last week, all any of them want to talk to me about is Sarah Palin - and they all watched her speech. The one line that really stuck - the one that seems to have hit the hardest is:

"But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate."

Two memoirs, zero legislation. It's hard to argue that it's not about him.

Governor Palin had a lot of sharp and effective shots at the Obama candidacy during her speech - but that one is the key. It's the opposite of the "Country First" message that McCain is trying to advance.

Intrade today is at 52-48, Obama's lowest spread so far...


Comments: Post a Comment