Six Conservative Guys
Six Conservative Guys - Proudly Serving the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Since 2003
We'll gladly reply to or publish your response. E-mail Six Conservative Guys
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
The good news is that the Goldberg File is back after a looooonnnnggggg hiatus. The bad news (for me...it may work for you) is that it is in an email newsletter format. Go to this link to sign up. The GF has always been my favorite read on NRO.
Monday, December 21, 2009
It would have been nice if the conference in Copenhagen was actually held here in DC, and everyone attending was snowed in. Besides the irony, maybe someone could tell them that the way to combat elevated CO2 levels is to plant more trees.
Friday, December 18, 2009
And Another Thing.....
I just learned that the Dems must ram through the health care bill now, before they take up Cap & Tax, and especially giving amnesty to all the illegal aliens. Especially on the latter.
Under every health care bill scenario, the numbers currently put forth for the cost of the health care bill (any version) do not account for the illegal aliens. If they did, the amounts would be more crushing, more staggering than they currently are.
However, if Obama gets health care signed, and then gets his amnesty (oops…Immigration Reform) completed……
Who is grateful for Ben Nelson? For the two ladies from Maine not swaying? This Guy.
I used to be for GOP victory. I still am, but I used to be upset at Conservatives who didn’t support a certain GOP candidate (ensuring the Dems won the election). I was especially unthrilled (is that a real word?) when Conservatives would pat themselves on the back taking solace and outward pride in their convictions, while the Dems kept winning the elections. Having a lame Republican was better than a good Democrat – or so I thought, until Zell Miller came along.
Now as the years go by – yep…I’m old – I find myself stuck when thinking about the Tea Party gang forming their own party. I admire their stance and their momentum, but obviously want them to unite with the GOP. How do we get back to the ‘big tent’ party?
I’m hoping the possible Tea Party party doesn’t negatively impact the GOP’s chances in 2010 or 2012, because if it does, there will be Dems elected when they shouldn’t be, and a lot of Conservatives self congratulating themselves. It will be déjà-vous all over again. You knew I was going to say that, right?
Anyway, the GOP needs to attract and/or align with the Tea Party party, and needs to nominate Conservative candidates. And upon GOP victory, the Tea Party party can throw a party (HAHAHAHAHA. Sorry. Sometimes I crack myself up.)
Anonymous – where are you?
Friday, December 11, 2009
It's been a while, so I thought I'd put some random things:
1. Anonymous – where have you been? I’d love to hear your thoughts on the president’s ‘accomplishments’ to date.
2. Health Care bill – where do I begin? I hope it goes down in flames. All people want is for it to be more affordable, and more efficient. A one-page bill can accomplish these goals. All that is needed is to take away the state boundaries for health care policies, and tort reform. (There’s obviously other excellent ideas with simple approaches, but I think these two will more than get the ball rolling towards those two goals).
3. Nobel Peace Prize – Parts of Obama’s speech – where he was realistic about the realities of war, using force, etc – were excellent. Looks like the briefings with his military commanders gave him some sensible perspective.
4. Tiger – I’m hoping all the news is out, and no more shoes will drop.
5. Goldberg File - is happily coming back to NRO. Details to follow....but Jonah made the announcement. If you need a taste of what once was, here's a recent posting in The Corner.